View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 11:12 PM

Default Matthew....

I really don't mean to get so upset when I have to read "scrap" bashing....

and the market for them....

Scott is a true hobby veteran, and knows better....I am disappointed how off he really is and why??

The Mc Graw scrap went SUPER cheap.....

I know who consigned it to REA, and the person expected at least 10 K for it, but it fell real short.....collectors have not even realized the significance of these types of "errors" , in the case of the McGraw, the "test" run of the sheet...actually, multiple sheets.....on the back of this scrap ......there are approx. 15 of these type floating around....an obvious sheet where as the printer was setting up the print runs/ filling ink wells/ aligning sheets/ ect...

printer grabbed the McGraw sheet, but only used the back.....these type, like the McGraw has the player runs horizontal on the sheets offset enough to "piece" together partial sheets....that's why these particular type of scrap are so interesting.....they are essentially "missing puzzle pieces" to the insight of the history/ print design of the sheets ....the clues are lost in time....the McGraw is part of that approx. 10 or so of this "missing " puzzle...Jamie owns 2, Dan owns one, Hank another, ect ect....I AM JEALOUS OF THESE because about 8 years ago, I lost 2 examples on ebay for $400.00 each.....another sickening loss of mine over the years.....anyway, McGraw ACTUALLY WENT FOR LESS THAN HALF OF WHAT IT SHOULD HAVE......

If you are following any kinds of T206 trends, thesere appreciating exponentially(RARE BACKs, WAGS, PLANK, RARITIES, ECT)...so essentially the same rates of growth apply to the anomalies....

as the collector interest in these particular rarities increase/so does demand/ supply is EXTREMELY short....like stated before, simple economics....there are like I said less that prob 15 like the McGraw.....

take for, example, upside down back(factory cut, not scrap).....much RARER THAN BL 460......'

YES

RARER than BL 460....they will catch up in pricing and exceed inmho as the advanced collector will yearn for SOMETHING different.....

phew...

the reason the McGraw went so cheap, there are a few of these seen over the years but the bidding for that card was Extremely weak......

BRAIN

printer used BOTH SIDES OF THE SCRAP SHEET(most scrap only have the overprints on one side if they are found) to set up the presses.....obviously multiple times both front and backwards and prob twenty or so different set ups for the piedy designated backs.....

after the sheet was abused by the printer, it was tossed aside showing all the battle scars.....inadventanly, the printer actually had created an "alternative" T206 sheet, which miraculously was salvaged either by a garbage picker, or someone at home when the sheet traveled home....

the sheet had survived much brutality to yield a virtually unique T206....unless ther are other survivors off the sheet, the brain is the only survivor from that pyschadelic sheet....

a diamond being produced out of a piece of coal might be a good analogy...

these are truly the future of T206 collecting inmho....

future looks bright