View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Jeff that is very strange. How to explain ten cards with exactly the same printing quirk that doesnt seem to be on any other 14 cobb from quick research? The explanation that comes immediately to mind isnt good of course but maybe there are other theories.
I referenced this printing issue in my post with all the Cobbs together. While it is strange (or for this thread, interesting) to see this issue with every card, it is not uncommon to see the same printing flaw across multiple cards -- this happens many times in the hobby.

Also, while not common, it is also not the first time I've seen the red ink bleed into the border of a Cracker Jack card. I could not find any images with a quick search, but I did see this anomaly mentioned in this article.
Quote:

Andy Montero, another passionate Cracker Jack collector, agrees. He adds that the red background on the card fronts sometimes bleeds into the lighter colored borders. The most common condition issue, however, is staining from being packaged with the caramel snack.

Last edited by CW; 05-28-2013 at 07:04 AM.