View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 08:19 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcadams View Post
David- We don't know each other, but I've read plenty of your posts here over the years. I was very surprised to read your comments above where you practically turn the situation around, as if Kirk is the bad guy.

Joey has admitted that he frequently sells cards on ebay and then back outs of the transaction. Even worse, he's also admitted that he wins auctions on ebay and doesn't pay. People are now aware of Joey's BS, and so now Joey creates new usernames every few weeks/months so that people don't know who he is.

Kirk proactively lets people know when he's identified Joey posing under a new alias on Ebay or on CU BST, so that people can avoid him. But you have the gall to insinuate that Kirk is somehow the bad guy here? That's not harassment, that is Kirk protecting his friends on CU from getting into a transaction with a known scam artist. People like Kirk are good for the hobby, not vice versa.

I realize Joey is likely not happy about the fact that Kirk frequently alerts people to Joey's new aliases. For example, when Joey came to CU under the alias YankeesFan74 and tried to sell his now infamous T206 Ty Cobb Red Portrait 3 weeks ago, it was Kirk that let several people there know that YankeesFan74 was really Joey. Good for Kirk.... because we all know that Joey just takes payment for the Cobb card, he never actually mails it to anyone after they've paid.

If I were Kirk, I wouldn't reply to this thread either. Everyone at CU already knows his character and appreciates what he does for the hobby. No need to answer to "call-outs" from people who change their name every few weeks.
Michael,

Joey did all those things. He's not denying that. So simply don't do business with him. But he never scammed anybody out of money as Kirk (and now you) has stated.

You're trying to make Kirk out as some crusader. He's not. Anybody that sends texts to another to harrass them is a cyber stalker. It's that simple and it's against the law.

Just one question for you? Why did Kirk do the same thing to Danny? What did Danny do to deserve it? Once again, that says a lot about Kirk's character.