View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 12:00 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoodedcoder View Post
i still do not understand the name posting thing. every ones name is already on every post....right?

your name is not in the thread...but is is on the header of every thread you post. while it is definitely a rule i just question what the purpose of it is? what do you get by making people physically type their name in every time they post something?

and why would you want to spend your time policing this rule? i just don't see any purpose to it. wouldn't it make more sense to have people put their real name in the profile and be done with it. then there is no i forgots, no woops. and no policing stuff on hundreds of topics, thousands of posts etc.

kevin

No, I wasn't asking that you have to post your name in every post, technically, even though that might be what I said. The main thing is for anyone giving an opinion of someone or a company, or anyone getting into an argument etc.....to have the other party know who you are. I think it sucks when people make snide comments and give opinions of people or companies and those people or companies don't know who it is saying things about them. I knew this thread would be heated somewhat so that is why the rule was made for this thread. As I said before, I think everyone deserves a place to be able to fairly debate things. If any of our members don't like this then don't click on the thread. And this thread is here because I felt Joey deserved a place to air his issues with his accuser. The fact his accuser won't come here to debate and back up his stories, to me, means they might not be true accusations. So in that respect maybe Joey accomplished what he wanted to. On the other hand it seems Joey also has taken a lot of heat, most of it sounds like it is deserved. This thread will most likely be gone in a day or so and it's not the end of the world.

I did like the comment about him and Adrian doing a card deal...it could be a case of buyers AND sellers remorse. That was classic.