View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 09:18 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Super rare UZIT cards of the T206 "Exclusive 12" (460-only series)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx840 View Post

I do think that the 460 series cards were all done on a 34 card sheet with multiple vertical stacks of players. The groups I've put together all add up to this #, and I think that smaller blocks of players were swapped out (possibly in blocks of 3-6) players for a few sheets here and there.

As for the test prints, why are there only these 12? Maybe a test print was done on your Exclusive 12 with most ink layers on a sheet that the other side was used to layout other cards.

I'm not sure sir....but fun to think about.

Chris

A lot said there; and, I appreciate all your comments. Since the topic here focuses on the subjects in the 460-only series, my comments are as follows..........

1.....As I see it, the 8 different test print examples lend credence to my theory that the "Exclusive 12" were printed as one horizontal group. I think it is fair to
conclude that when we find the missing 4 subjects (Duffy, Geyer, Sheckard, Tannehill) these guys will be a continuation of this test print pattern.

Furthermore, if additional multiples of these (such as Pfeffer) were found, they will only be Exclusive 12 subjects. Indicating that the Exclusive 12 were printed
separately from the other 36 subjects that were printed with only 460 series backs. Indeed these Exclusive 12 are in a "League (press run) of their own".

2.....I do not understand your "34 card sheet" comment.....are there not 48 subjects that were printed with ONLY 460 series backs ?

There certainly are 48 subjects......apparently, you have not considered Red Kleinow (Boston) and Frank Smith (Chicago & Boston).

Subtracting out the Exclusive 12 from 48 leaves 36 subjects that were printed on a sheet of their own (not 34).

Take care....and, I hope to see you at the National this summer.

TED Z
__________________________________________________ ______________________
LOOKING FOR these T206 guys to complete my AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 sub-set

AMES....CAMNITZ....CRAWFORD (bat)....DOYLE (port)....JORDAN (bat)....MARQUARD
McGRAW (port-cap).....McQUILLAN (bat).....TINKER (bat off).....WILTSE (port-cap)