View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 02:33 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Super rare UZIT cards of the T206 "Exclusive 12" (460-only series)

Previously....these enigmatic T206 subjects, which I have identified as the "Exclusive 12", were presented in this thread............
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...t=exclusive+12

Some interesting aspects of these 12 cards are....they appear to have been Double (or Triple) Printed with AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 and SOVEREIGN 460 backs with respect
to the other subjects in the 350/460 and 460-only series. These 12 cards are more available than the other subjects that were printed in the 350/460 and 460-only series..

Furthermore, these 12 subjects are the only red HINDU cards in the 460-only series. And, with respect to the 30 red HINDU subjects in the 350/460 series, the Exclusive 12
must have been Double (or Triple) Printed.....as, they are certainly more available than the 350/460 series cards with red HINDU backs.

Mysteriously, the Exclusive 12 were not printed with the LENOX or PIEDMONT 460, factory 42 backs. This fact may provide us a clue as to the timeline of the printing stages
of the Exclusive 12 cards. ?

Regarding the UZIT backs.....to date, only 3 of the Exclusive 12 have been confirmed with the UZIT back. And, recently a rumor of a 4th has been reported. These 3 subjects
are Crandall....Geyer....Sheckard. And, there is a report of a Ford with a UZIT back (but, not yet confirmed).

Eventually, I expect all of the remainig 9 of the Exclusive12 will be confirmed with the UZIT back. The extreme scarcity of the Exclusive 12 with the UZIT back suggests that
there may have been only one press run of them. As American Litho. switched to printing their new Gold-Bordered series of Military Men (T80) cards with UZIT backs in 1911.

TED Z
_____
__________________________________________________ _________________
LOOKING FOR these T206 guys to complete my AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 sub-set
AMES....CAMNITZ....CRAWFORD (bat)....DOYLE (port)....JORDAN (bat)....MARQUARD
McGRAW (port-cap).....McQUILLAN (bat).....TINKER (bat off).....WILTSE (port-cap)

Last edited by tedzan; 05-19-2013 at 12:20 PM.