View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 11:25 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
I think he's saying that they are actually from the 40's, but that there was a "warehouse find" of pennants for certain teams a few years ago, so the general population and condition for those few teams is higher/better than most other negro league pennants. If I'm understanding that correctly, do you have a list of the teams/variations that were in the find?
OK, gotcha. Hank, above, said he thinks they might have been made in the 1980s and that was the comment I was alluding to. If there was a warehouse find of these pennants, and they are original, then that just means there is more population of them (as you said). My questions are because I thought it was a neat pennant and ended up with it. If it was made in the 1980s I would consider it a fake, if made circa 1940, then I would consider it real. I wouldn't really want a fake pennant. I have very close connections with JustCollect so know there would be no issue on a return if it were made in the 1980s or beyond. So I took the leap because of how well I know the seller. Hope this makes sense....