View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 09:19 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazoo View Post
Last year I was a freshman in high school. It was my first year playing varsity, and I was excited. The team I had been playing for was 3-45 the last 3 years. That was all about to change though. We put together an amazing team last year, and worked hard to go 10-8. It wasn't perfect, but it was definitely progress. The quarter-finals game wasn't the prettiest, but we made it work. When we advanced to the semi-finals game, it was the game of my life. I went 2-4 and got the hitting rally going cause we were down by 1. We managed to win 10-3. I had the best catch of my life, laying out to make a grab in foul territory in a pile of mud. As a result, we made it all the way up to the state finals game, and got to play where the Lake Monsters play, a minor league team. The field was beautiful, and a once in a lifetime experience. Although we lost there, it was still a blast.
Awesome story Waz. Congratulations. You will remember some of those plays the rest of your life. I remember plays from when I was in little league and I am 51 now. I ended my career for the year, 2 days ago, with major injuries. Be glad you are young. Great to see you back with us too.