View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
As a marathoner myself, I'm appauled that this happened at a marathon, and near the finish line at that. Not that it would be any less appauling were it to happen elsewhere... but a marathon is one of the most positive gatherings of people you'll ever find. I usually run alone, but it's amazing how quickly you make friends all along the route. It's amazing the support you feel from the thousands of people and volunteers who come cheer friends and strangers alike.. and there is an amazing buzz of exhaustion/pride/accomplishment/love as you finish that last few hundred yards. I cannot imagine the contrast these people must have felt from one second to the next.. from finishing a marathon to expolosion(s), screams and sirens.

Still incredibly angry.
Very well put. I ran Boston twice myself, in ancient and more peaceful times, and what I expected to be just a physical challenge turned into a truly spiritual experience from the overwhelming outpouring of support and sense of community. Like everyone else, I am horrified, all the more so as it's so close to home, on a block I've walked or driven down countless times.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-15-2013 at 09:32 PM.