View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Tom Boblitt

@ Scott F who asked the question, "Is it reasonable to assume that the consignor and REA discussed this before the item was added to the catalog with its description as "possibly trimmed?"

I sold my T206 near set with Rob about 4-5 years ago. It was 475 or so cards to the set. He noted to me after looking at the set that he felt there were a few cards (I think 8-10 or so) that he felt were trimmed. It was 99% ungraded. He graded maybe 15-20 cards in the process. In his auction description, he noted the cards he felt were trimmed. So, the current disclosure of trimmed cards is not a new development for REA.

And I think Rob and his folks are doing all the right things with these cards. There is, however, NO GUARANTEE that the next person that sells them will do the same thing. The buyers could turn around and sell them on ebay the next day without that disclosure. I'd say the PSA8 T206 set collectors out there could probably be counted on a couple hands, so they are probably pretty good at keeping up with cards/certs/etc but someone could miss it. Who knows.

Regardless, PSA should make good on the deal and note them as 'A' and re-enter them into circulation. Some of the group are way worse than the others too.........