View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Bry.an Sylv.est3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Only Smoke 4 the Cards View Post
I think that overall the demand will fall as people forget who the more obscure players were. However, the big names will always draw a big dollar.
I agree with this 100%. Collector's will always be interest in the big names/big cards. As far as high grade commons go... that is just throwing money away. Set collecting is a dying passion.

It is easy to gripe about card shops/owners but what about sellers at card shows. I attended my first card show in nearly two decades. Flew to Chicago for the Sun Times show. I found the cards I was looking for to have an asking price of 2 to 3 times current ebay auction prices.

Found the show to be nothing more than a live version of the overpriced BINs on ebay. I didn't buy anything and left after an hour. Needless to say I have no intention of ever going back to another show. What really irks me is passing on a few cards on ebay thinking I would spend money at the Sun Times show. After all, should be a better selection at the show. At that point I realized if the hobby was still card shops and shows I would not have re-entered it.