View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Saved--the middle one is a good one, but PSA has been putting labels on any Fairly card with the slightest smudge in the circle. Don't know what they will do if everyone starts turning in all the other cards with this defect. I think they were all just print defects of varying degrees with some of the green ink sloshing over on the plates. I don't they they intended it or corrected it.

On the other hand I guess it is as " prominent" as a missing part of the R on the back of the 57 Bakep " variation", which is, I think, just another unintended print defect. Only difference between these green smudges and the 57 Bakep, the 58 Herrer or the 52 Campos black or partial black star may be the fact they are apparently much more common that the latter

Al- I randomly ended up with 3 of the 4 Fairlys in lots I purchased...I may have gone through 15 total 492 cards to find the 3. If this is indeed an accurate representation of the population of these "green in the ball" cards, then 1 out of 5 does not seem like a very rare defect. The fourth I found at a shop in MI while looking specifically for variations.

Here is a 447 card I found earlier today, I call it the "green everywhere" defect/variation
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18.jpg (75.5 KB, 350 views)