View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Steve Birmingham

Those don't look much like overinked cards. Especially the middle one. It's just too neat of a curve. The other two don't look overinked, but don't look like much either.

One way of correcting this sort of thing is by using a special writing thing that's sort of like a limestone crayon. It can be used to erase stuff from the plate or fill scratches and other damage.

I'd guess the two on the sides are incomplete repairs. It's just a bit hard to tell with so little there.

Steve B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Saved--the middle one is a good one, but PSA has been putting labels on any Fairly card with the slightest smudge in the circle. Don't know what they will do if everyone starts turning in all the other cards with this defect. I think they were all just print defects of varying degrees with some of the green ink sloshing over on the plates. I don't they they intended it or corrected it.

On the other hand I guess it is as " prominent" as a missing part of the R on the back of the 57 Bakep " variation", which is, I think, just another unintended print defect. Only difference between these green smudges and the 57 Bakep, the 58 Herrer or the 52 Campos black or partial black star may be the fact they are apparently much more common that the latter