View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 10:16 AM

While at my mom's house in the middle of the woods, Florida, I had a packaged delivered that said online it was delivered one day, back at the post office the next day. This backwoods town of less than 4,000 and a post office the size of a Fotomat kiosk told me that the reason the package was back at their office was that I put it back in the mailbox with the flag up to take it back, and they stuck to that story. The problems with that story were:

They told me one day that they talked to the mailman and he was out on the road and would check to see if he brought it to the wrong house PROBLEM: It was already back at the post office

Hours later they said that I put it back in the mailbox with the flag up. PROBLEMS:
1) Never got it in the first place

2) My stepfather doesn't trust his mailman and has NEVER mailed anything from the box in 9 years of living here. He works in town next to a reliable post office

3) The mail here didn't come that day until 130pm and the package was back at the post office before noon.

4) We didn't get the mail until 3:30pm the previous day, six hours after the supposed delivery time noted online

All of this was online and we were on the phone together looking at the times and going over it. When he called around 6pm the first day, he said the driver just brought it back and maybe it "will circle around to me" to next day. That was after I explained all the flaws in his story

The next day he called me and said it will be delivered that day and reiterated the same story from the day before. The mailman thought I didn't want it because it was in the mailbox with the flag up.

What really happened was they delivered it to the wrong house and those people brought it back to the post office.

People use their own beat up vehicles at this place and once a car caught on fire and all the mail was lost. The current delivery person, has what looks like an 85 Toyota pickup with multi-colored strips down the side, probably done by spray can.

Moral of this story is, it was probably delivered to the wrong place and hopefully someone returns the package and fixes the mistaken delivery
Check out my two newest books. One covers the life and baseball career of Dots Miller, who was mentored by Honus Wagner as a rookie for the 1909 Pirates, then became a mentor for a young Rogers Hornsby. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CV633PNT The other has 13 short stories of players who were with the Pittsburgh Pirates during the regular season, but never played in a game for the team https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CY574YNS