View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Steve Peissig

Its a fantastic and possibly unique postcard and that is why I took a run at it.
Yes, that is me with the feedback of 455, driving up the price My intentions was to snipe it before I went to bed but thought I'd see where the highest bid topped off before doing so but I just kept getting outbid.
I told myself when I first noticed it up for bids that I wasn't going any more than 2k on it since we do have Hake's next week and REA around the corner and many other holes to fill in my collection but to add something like this PC would've been pretty sweet.

Once I got it up to $2150, I decided to hang her up and go to bed without a snipe thinking the highest bidder had a max. bid of 3k or so.
I thought the price was right, compare that one to the one that was in Hake's a few auctions ago, another CUG RPPC:

http://www.hakes.com/item.asp?Auction=204&ItemNo=107036

That's a pretty nice postcard as well (Randolph is about 20 minutes away from my house) but at 3.6k, I'd rather have the one on EBay.

Scott, you are right, that is Will Horn standing next to Jack Johnson. I'm pretty sure Horn is wearing a Leland Giants uniform so you can make an educated guess that he was probably on loan the day they took this picture.

As far as not having any HOF players pictured, who cares. I think too many people get caught up with all this HOF BS, I don't need some committee to tell me who I can and can not collect, especially when it comes to black and latin baseball.

Sorry for the long post
Take it easy people
Steve

Last edited by mannybb24; 03-14-2013 at 05:21 PM.