View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Belltown Vintage

I stand completely behind my original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prewarsports View Post
Well since its not hard to see that I am being called out here by Scott (thanks man) I will respond briefly.
Actually, I initially had no idea that you were the winning bidder. I also had no idea that ANYONE had already chopped up one of these books and was selling it on ebay. Then I started searching and found your Yale items. I considered not posting, but I was pissed off that the same thing occurring with Spalding Baseball Guides was now happening with these historically-significant photo albums, and I wanted to know what other photograph collectors thought about your actions. Personally, I don't see as much (perhaps 'any') issue with parting out the albums that are collections of real cabinet photos, but I think the type that you are chopping up are a bit different. Others may disagree with me, but without posting there isn't really any discussion.

Quote:
I was never planning on separating this one out as it appears to one in fine shape but if the original poster wants to put his money where his mouth is and SAVE THIS, from the CHOP SHOP, he can write me a check for the original purchase price plus shipping to his house. Of course he could have just e mailed me privately too, but that would have prevented Network 54 drama what would we all do with ourselves if we didn't have someone pissed off on here every. Few hours right?
Now you are just deflecting, which I understand.

I put in a good bid (with real money behind it ), for what I thought the item was worth INTACT. I lost. If I had planned on chopping it up, it would have been worth much more to me, and I would have bid accordingly.

It's great to hear that you plan on re-selling it intact.

Quote:
I love antique photography more than anyone on this site and would never "destroy" anything but opinions can differ obviously...
I don't doubt that you have an interest in antique photography - otherwise you would sell things other than photographs.

In retrospect, I do wish I had emailed you instead of posting. But now you know that my opinion wasn't unique, and that bit of information should carry more weight with you.

If it had been me, and I had felt no guilt about what I was doing (or planning to do), I would have just posted a brief response stating that I didn't realize how people felt about this, and that I had no plan to do it in the future. I'm not getting that from your response.