View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 09:35 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Chris, I understand you’re POV. My point was I think people get too focused on labels and lines in the sand. In the end if it’s 50 million or 50 bucks nobody here is really doing anything to impressive or world changing. Ultimately were just a bunch of grown up kids spending our time and money buying collectibles we all enjoy.

I’ve been on all sides the bulk of my collection was built when I was a kid when I had not two nickels to rub together. Now later in life I’ve worked hard and had the fortune of having more in the way of disposal income to play with and enjoy my childhood hobby. I choose to share a lot of folks don’t and that’s cool as well.

Regardless if you just found the hobby with your Powerball winnings or have scrounged every nickel under the sun over a lifetime to build a collection. We as collectors should welcome all to our hobby with open arms. That’s why I always hated the term “I’ve been doing this for years before you” line. It’s like saying there’s a hierarchy to this hobby when in fact there really isn’t today’s ramen noodle guy can be tomorrow’s whale.

As for the Steve Soloway comments no disrespect but those are pretty obvious and silly statements, saying if you had millions you could buy the same goes without saying. Sort of like George Clooney and Brad Pitt saying in a bar to me “you know John if you looked like us and had our money and fame there would be a lot more girls in the bar tonight that would want to take you home.” Gee thanks I guess…

Cheers,

John

Last edited by wonkaticket; 03-07-2013 at 09:38 PM.