View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 09:14 PM
{K.e.v.i.n_C.u.m.m.i.n.g.s}

Default B & M Sportscard Stores

I almost want to cry when I think of two sportscard stores that used to be in my "neighborhood" in northern New Jersey. One was called North Jersey Sportscards in Fort Lee on Central Road and the other was Danpak on North Washington Avenue in Bergenfield.

North Jersey had an amazing selection of pre-war stuff. Although I wasn't in to it all that much at the time, I remember seeing a very large number of T206s and even Old Judges.

Danpak was mostly newer stuff, but the owner, Dan Schupak, did have some oldies but goodies and I did buy one of my first Old Judges from him - a pretty decent Paul Hines.

Since I worked in Englewood Cliffs (the neighboring town to Fort Lee) and lived in Bergenfield at the time I used to drop in to those two places pretty frequently just to shoot the breeze and usually buy a card or two. Most of my hand-collated 80s and 90s Topps sets came from Danpak and a few of my
T206s, Cracker Jacks and Goudeys came from North Jersey. Both of those places were extremely customer friendly and did a pretty good business because of it.

Norht Jersey is long gone, but Danpak is still in the same space, although he is almost exclusively coins and stamps these days.