View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Glenn
Gl.en.n Willr1ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
When I go into a shop and see a common beater T206 priced at one hundred bucks I figure that the rest of the inventory will be overpriced so I usually leave without asking about anything else. Sounds like a poor strategy to me.

If it was in the case at a reasonable price I would take a serious look at the rest of the inventory and I would probably spend some money.

Same thing with card shows. I take a quick look at the dealers cases and if things are overpriced I move on quickly.

Rick
100% agree Rick. I'm the exact same way, as I have very little tolerance and patience for people who obviously think more highly of their cards and what they think they're worth than everybody else in the market. They should just save themselves and everybody else's time and just keep the damn card, don't even put it out for sale if you have no intention of being competitive in your asking price. Unless you have a VERY rare and low population card that everybody wants, you better keep your prices competitive. I wish everybody in this hobby shared the same mentality. Many card prices would be much lower and some of these jackass shysters would be out of business, and they could take their little cards with them

It's the very reason I don't even entertain card shop, online card dealers or certain ebay prices anymore. It's gotten to be a complete joke and a major black eye for the hobby these days. I sure do miss the simpler times of collecting.