View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Todd Schultz

I actually think they are less susceptible to being trimmed, just because there is less border in the first place. Oftentimes it is difficult to find these cards with decent borders on each side, and if you trim them to further reduce or eliminate the border the card looks less attractive nonetheless. I think collectors have a good eye for how much "total border" an AB card should have and would be highly suspicious if both sides looked cut too close to the border.

Although I have only dabbled in t206 , I do prefer AB backs for this very reason--it is not unnatural to see them look skinny and I think I can/could spot when they are too much so.

This gives me an excuse to post one of my favorite cards, which conflicts me as I wonder if I should sell while the back craze is strong or hold:
[IMG][/IMG]

To me it seems like it would be real tough to trim this to improve appearance.

If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 03-06-2013 at 08:10 PM.