View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 01:54 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

That's great to hear. With Beckett's current re-design and now SGC's, hopefully we'll see better registries now to compete with PSA. Ideally, I would like:

(1) The ability to add multiple pictures for each slot so that you can add back scans and variations (like color tints) to the slot.
(2) I think population information should be there too.
(3) I don't know if this will fly, but it would be nice if you could create a set (or showcase) where you can add cards from different TPG's or even raw cards. This wouldn't have to count for the competition aspect of it. (That is, it could be worth 0 points) However, it would still be nice so that you could track the kinds of cards that you have for that set even if it weren't currently graded by SGC.
(4) One of the bigger things, and I don't know how much work Simple will have after the re-design is done, but there needs to be effort afterwards to maintain the Set Registry. Sometime, it can take forever for SGC to make modifications to a set, such as adding new slots to a Player set. PSA isn't fast either, but usually you can count on them making the changes in 1-2 months after the request. Ideally SGC could do something similar.

For population reports, as others have said, this needs to be fixed too. One of the problems is that you have to enter the year for the set. This isn't a problem for post-war sets, but for a lot of prewar cards that SGC grades, this can be tough. For example, Real Photo postcards can have years like c1920s, c.1920s, c.1920's, 1920-1922 and so forth, and if you don't input the year in the exact correct format, you won't get the set back. So if you're not exactly sure of the set year, you can't find it. Also, if you just want all of a player cards, that can be tough also. For example, if you put in Babe Ruth, you get all of Ruth's cards, but the ordering can be incorrect w/ the circa years at the end and so forth.