View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 07:24 PM

Steve

Your retro cards are absolutely AMAZING!

I just ordered your complete 1972 Retro Set.

I can't say enough about how cool it will be to have those missing cards. I can't wait to see them in hand.

While the 72 Topps Set is the Home of the "Pro-Action" cards, The 73 topps Set features many great action cards as well. It seems the Redskins were the focus of quite a few.

George Allen's "Over the Hill" gang was quite a team

The "Juice" was loose on his 73 Topps card And of coarse one of my Favorite is Roger Staubach being pursued by Falcon Defender Claude Humphey

And who could ever forget the desruction Butkus was causing here!

The 1974 Topps Set was a little bit less thrilling with the action cards, but it did manage to give us a few keepers like this classic Bob Lee Card.

The 75 Topps Set hit us with a gold mine of now classic action cards, which the Vikings seem to be members of many. Ya gotta love that classic Topps airbrushing!

The 75 OJ simpson has to be the best card of his career.

And now for my two all-time favorite 1975 Topps Action cards!

Lawrence McCutcheon was an absolute GREAT Back. He is HIGHLY overlooked when it comes to the discussion of All-time NFL greats. Here he is in a classic battle with the great Redskin Linebacker Chris Hanburger.
Who could ever forget "The Snake" Like McCutheon, Kenny Stabler is an All-Time great QB in my book who is HIGHLY underrated. He was sly and crafty and was just one of the smartest QB's Ive ever seen. 26 TD's in the deadball era of 1974! Amazing!

Now if you really want to talk "Action cards" you need to look no further than the Fleer Team Action Sets from 1976-1988. Unlike Topps Fleer had NFL logo rights. For years I have overlooked these Fleer sets and after reviewing them more closely have come to realize how truely under valued and under appriciated they really are compared to their Topps conterparts of the time.

1977 Fleer

1979 Fleer

1980 Fleer

Im currently working on the 1981 Fleer Team Action Set. Centering is tough on these fleer sets, but after breaking a couple
of wax boxes have managed to assemble a few nice high grade sets. I highly recommend any of these overlooked Fleer Team action sets.

Of coarse there are still many other overlooked action sets. Take for example the 1988 Swell 25th Anniversary HOF set.
An absolutely beautiful football card set that features some truely great photos of every Hofer up to that point.
Ive busted almost 10 boxes of the Swell football cards in an attempt to assemble the "Perfect" Set. To my surprise the Quality control on the Swell cards was not that good. Poor centering, Print flaws and cards damaged durning the packing process have made assembling the Perfect set more
of a challenge than I initially thought it would be. Even so I have assembled a few of the nicest sets you will likely see if anyone was interested in one LMK.

And now some of the beautiful action cards from the set

Ah crap! This message board only allows 18 pic in a post! A terrible feature indeed!
John

Last edited by BigRedOne; 02-25-2013 at 08:26 PM. Reason: update