View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwolf1963 View Post
Last month, I bid and won a couple of 1914 CJ's from this seller (link below) on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110996395625...84.m1497.l2649

..or so I thought, this one turned out to be a 1915 - which I didn't notice until a month later when I cracked it out. I hate PSA qualifiers - more useless than the BCCG program IMO, I was going to resubmit to SGC. Part of me was mad at myself as I should have looked at the scan more closely. Also mad for cracking it out, I don't collect 1915's. I didn't think it was that big of a deal until I checked the VCP and found the difference was over $100. Basically I paid $155 for a card that's hovering around a $50 value.

I thought I'd at least write to the seller and advise, may have been a typo - although noted as "1914" in a couple places. I made note that I had cracked it out and why, not looking for full refund.

No response.

I wrote again, still taking the high road in assuming it was a typo, appealing to sense of fairness, asked if we could resolve something mutually acceptable? Suggesting difference in price between 1914 PSA2 and 1915 PSA2 (no MK noted in VCP), or perhaps I send back, pay for a regrade and assume full responsibility if it doesn't get at least the 2MK back.

No response.

I filed a case w/eBay, he escalated it to eBay to resolve - came down to me cracking it out, so I am S.O.L. At no point responding to me in any way.

I get it that I cracked it out and share some "blame" here, but what eats at me is that he misrepresented the card, pulls $100 more than it should of, doesn't respond to anything and eBay backs him!

If it were me on the other side and it was a typo on my part that inadvertently drove a much higher price, I would have tripped all over myself apologizing and seeing what I could do with the buyer to resolve. Wouldn't you - if you made an honest mistake??

The ignoring, hoping it will go away, not responding at all other than to escalate within eBay and then eBay playing CYA made me feel this was done with intent to deceive and hope to gain.

Respectful of opinions here. Mine is just to vent

I do this often as I do not have a lot of time to treasure hunt and I wind up making mistakes like this while buying. Don't beat yourself up too much, you just have to eat it and move on. If you didn't bust it then maybe as a seller I would have accepted it back after a month but popped out, I don't think you can expect to return it. Dan.