View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Glenn
Gl.en.n Willr1ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW View Post
I also avoided auction houses for that very reason, Glenn, but the trick is to adjust your bid accordingly. So, if you're bidding on a card for which you'd typically pay $1500 max, your auction house bid would actually max out at $1250 (adding the BP tops it out at $1500 total). Everyone else should be adjusting their bids as well, so it will work out.
True, but for many people their heart overrides their head when it's somethimg they just gotta have and they go past their "ceiling" and into the sky where things get wide open and out of control in a hurry. I just don't get into the whole "bidding" thing with other people (one exception being Ebay since ive been doing it since 1999). I just don't like attending auction houses or the online major AH thing. Give me somebody who has something for sale and let's start negotiating the good old fashion way. I even do it mostly on Ebay to be honest. I either just BIN or send them a message to start negotiating and it's usually always worked out great for me.