View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Matt Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Modern Topps would be McDonalds. Given that this is a vintage card discussion forum, T206s are probably more like a high-quality but affordable chain (these days, such a thing might not exist). In your imaginary restaurant discussion forum you'd have elitists who complained when someone posted a photo of a nice meal they had at Outback. Since they can afford the better Ruths Chris, they'd just as soon Outback folded. You'd have others who would welcome the Outback group and try to get them to expand their palate as they could afford to. The mainstream stuff keeps forums alive - they love your stuff, so you should try to tolerate theirs.

Most Outbacks suck these days, but I couldn't think of a better example. I've had a few miscuts at Outback, and even some steaks where the color was off, so perhaps it's not a bad example.

Scott <=== doesn't collect E107's or eat at Ruths Chris

Scott, I feel the elitist Comment isn't fair. There are plenty of sets that are cheaper to collect then t206, there simply isn't much demand. T206 is widely collected because its popular. Pop music might have made a better analogy. It would be like a thread about John Coltrane getting buried by threads about Katy Perry's hair or Justin Biebers new girlfriend.