Thread: T206 super set
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 08:49 AM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie73 View Post
Thanks Clayton, I don't really have a strategy except maybe when there are a few cards I want but short on cash. I would then view all the population reports and see what card shows the least amount total. I know those numbers are usually off and you never know how many have not been graded but it does help in the decision making because you know there is a higher chance of the other cards coming around again to purchase. As far as harder cards to find, I don't really search for certain cards to complete the basic set only because I haven't made completing the basic set a goal. I believe it will become complete without much thought over time (up to 518). The same for certain player runs. I don't have any complete player back runs or any complete back subsets. I figure if i'm going after all the combinations, at some point if I ever finished, all set configurations would be complete at that time. Sometimes I get hooked on a certain card back or player for a month or two but then get side tracked into the rest of the set. It usually happens when I see a good T206 deal thats not related to my current T206 interest. For the 100 or so cards that are missing to actually complete my basic set, I would say i'm missing most Southern Leagues, a little more than half of the HOF's, a few of the variations, and a handful of commons. I wouldn't call any of the ones i'm missing hard to find. I believe it has more to do with cost and if it was a good deal or not.
Awesome- thanks. You are taking on a huge challenge, I wish you the best of luck !! Being 100 or so cards away from the basic set (say 518) is a great accomplishment in itself. It's funny because for some reason I've decided awhile back not to focus on the S/L'ers until I either pass the halfway mark or, towards the end.

Thanks for the reply and keep up the great work !!

Sincerely, Clayton