View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
Just found the segment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTXVlHs2rIU

O'Keeffe even brings up Net54 in connection with racial insults.
Pulling the race card is pathetic, both for these fraudsters and for anyone who supports them. Idiots and thieves are idiots and thieves, regardless of skin color.

I'm curious - does O'Keefe know that the 'Mona Lisa' is the 'Mona Lisa'? Since he's not an expert on paintings, he probably shouldn't have an opinion on that either.

Leon - I know how you get when your friends are picked on, but I hope you realize that our responses (mine, anyway) aren't personal. The book was a great read, but having participated in the Cobb/Edwards discussions before the book was published, when I finally read the book I was amazed that anyone who had read our discussions could really believe that these guys were honest, or that the card might be real. O'Keefe had access to a LOT of expert opinions and he referenced our board repeatedly in the book. What he should have been saying was, "If these guys are legit, they'll send the card to PSA or SGC - end of story." They didn't do that, O'Keefe didn't recommend it. He backed the poor oppressed guys and got better readership. I get it, I just don't agree with his method.

Last edited by Runscott; 02-13-2013 at 01:49 PM.