View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Vincent Hecksel

Default Jason, for your wife and daughter . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs1969 View Post
Jason, From the convention center walk north on River Rd. under the expressway to the CTA Blue Line stop on the right. Get on going east. You can get off at various points along the way. If you want to go to Wrigley get off at the Addison stop and then get on a bus going east to Clark and Addison. If you want to go to downtown Chicago stay on the CTA Blue Line all the way down to the Loop and get off at Clark and Lake. Once you're downtown there are a million places to go. Check out the ledge at the top of the Sears/Willis Tower. I would highly recommend the Millenium Park area and the Pritzker Pavillion, BP Bridge, Lurie Gardens, Ramp up to the Modern Wing of the Art Institute. You can walk north on Michigan Avenue over the River onto the Magnificent Mile for shopping. Along the lakefront in the summer is awesome. A bike/running path all the way and great for people watching. North Avenue Beach is a happening spot. If you're downtown and want to go to Wrigley you can get on the Red Line on State Street, east of Clark and Lake. Looks like the Cubs are home during the Convention. Playing the Brewers during the week and then the Dodgers on the weekend! If anyone needs a list of restaurants to check out let me know. Charles. P.S. If you want to go on a little Curse of the Cubs tour check out "The Billy Goat" on lower Michigan just north of the river and then head a little west to Harry Carey's Restaurant where they blew up the Bartman ball and made pasta sauce out of it! LOL.
. . . and adding to Cubs1969 list above, I have no doubt your family will very much enjoy the Natural History (Field) Museum and Shedd's Aquarium, which are located nearly next to each other.