View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 11:21 PM
Archive

Steve

Some good advice has been offered by others, but I have six more things to add.

6. Come to the Net54 banquet if you can. You'll have a good time. Well thats if you're invited!

5. Don't forget your loupe. Not all dealers sell graded & its a good tool to have available even for viewing graded cards.

4. Make a list of the cards you really want to take home. Knock those cards off your checklist first. I make a "hit list" every year of about 10 cards. If & when I get those cards purchased, then I start buying others for my set. This way you don't get stuck low on cash when you stumble across a nice card you really wanted for your set.

3. Politeness to dealers can go a long way. They are there all week away from their loved ones, standing on their feet all day or sitting in uncomfortable chairs. It has helped me in the past & I've made some great friends because of it.

2. While at the show, if you find a quarter laying on the floor, return it to Leon immediately! Its his Luckey quarter!

1. And since this is your first National, all rookies are only allowed to bring one T-shirt to wear at the show. And you must wear it everyday!

Well on second thought, forget about numbers 1 & 2.

Hope to see you there.

Jantz