View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 08:31 AM
T0NY @

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb217676 View Post
Never said the final price was "ridiculous", just wasn't worth it to me to pay more than $500 for it. It was worth $1000.00 to someone, congrats on the great purchase, shows how strong the postcard market is becoming. I believe ebay sales to be somewhat accurate, some postcards sell very high and very rarely does one sneak through un-noticed. The whole "people don't bid because of bay fees" thing never factors in. When you want something, who cares about the fees.
To clarify, I wasn't referring the reasoning in my post to the Ebay fee's. I was was referring to the many collectors who do not even search Ebay anymore for what they collect as much as they once did. I know many board members who have totally banished them as one of their sources anymore. I can also tell you many pc's are still listed in the wrong category and do get missed my many alot. I think a couple high profile pc collectors here will agree if they wish to chime in. I think it's safe to say collectors who saw this pc in the auction last night and were active bidders probably never caught it when listed on Ebay. Just my two cents fellas. Doesn't mean we need to agree.