View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
I have lost more than that a number of times and never shill bid. And I didn't have the cards very long either. I am probably one of the exceptions but I am sure there are a number of other board members in the same position. If you made a mistake, so be it, but from the sound of your tone it doesn't really sound like it. Just my observation. Like I say, if it was a mistake, say so and admit it, don't do it again, and move on.
I was making a point Leon. Do you consider yourself a 'card doctor' because you use a Q-tip and water on a card?? Alot of people like to throw around phrases and 'conspiracy theories' when there is really nothing to see. Take Bill Holler. He liked to talk junk, when what he did is a federal crime. I am surprised the feds aren't after him for all the money he conned. I just don't like the double standards and hypocrisy that runs rampant.

I accidentally bid on a card. I bid $600, thinking of selling it to a collector who offered me $800 earlier that I had turned down. The card eventually sold for $710, so technically, I still could have made $90 (not counting the $1,000 I paid the previous month - that is a separate transaction). If the winning bidder wants to sell it to me for $800, I would love to buy it back from him. But to say I am a shill biddder, when I placed one bid that was nowhere close to what I paid is ludicrous. A true shill bidder bids, and bids, and bids, and usually has no intentions of paying.

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 02-02-2013 at 06:10 PM.