View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Richard Russell, Jr. was quite a ladies man; and, nearly married Patricia Collins in 1938. Their religious differences ultimately prevented them from marrying.

In 2006, when I contacted the Atlanta Antiques dealer (by phone), we had a lengthy conversation regarding the provenance of the T206's & T210's that
he was selling on ebay. He told me that a local lady in her 50's consigned 200+ cards for him to sell. As the discussion continued he said that she was the
Great-Granddaughter of Richard Russell. She had found these cards in the drawer of a desk which had been a family heirloom for several generations.

Fast-forward to 2008, I acquired Richard Russell, Jr.'s biography and in reading thru it, I realized that he was never married. In reflecting back to my con-
versation with the Antiques dealer, I concluded that he must of meant that the lady that consigned these cards to him was Richard Russell, Sr.'s Great-
Granddaughter. And, if you do the math, her age would better fit that scenario.

In any event, the Antiques dealer was very knowledgeable of the Russell family, he was very sincere, and certainly willing to share with me any information
regarding Russell's collection. I have no doubt that his story was true.

Incidently, the "Elite Eight" subjects in Russell's T206 collection have both the PIEDMONT 150 & 350 backs (with the exception of Dahlen & Schulte....both
missing the P 350).

However, included in the 87 cards, that I acquired from this dealer, is a PIEDMONT 350 Dahlen.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 04-06-2016 at 06:16 PM.