View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 02:30 PM
JeR@Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankWakefield View Post
Hey Jeremy...

Some of the cards have red borders that are double the width of the border on the normal red border Old Mills. Have you noticed a correlation of the distinction in releases you mention with the wide or normal borders? I once tried to find a correlation with the wide margins and the Red Sun cards... both issues have that.

Aren't the dinosaurs aplay in this thread!

Hi Frank - I believe there is correlation... (LEON - If we need to move this discussion to a T210 thread please do so, as I don't want to highjack this Russell Thread)

My notes show there are no cards from the T210-8 2nd release (38 cards) that show up with fat/wide borders. Only the cards available in the 1st release (75) can be found with a wide border. The T206/T210-8 cards are all available in fat/wide borders and double check me on this, but I don't ever recall seeing a T210-8/T206 card that has normal borders in the series 8. Bernhard,Perdue,Bay,Molesworth,Greminger,Hart,Jord an,Smith,Breitenstein,Hickman, and Pepe (T206 Proof),etc. - These players seem to always pop up with wide/fat borders and are all from the 1st series (first release if you will) of 75 subjects. There are a few other T210-8's from that 1st release that have a wide/fat border, such as Case, Babb, Bayless, etc. - All of these type of wide/fat border cards come from that Series 1 -75 subjects which suggest or at least supports that these other 39 are some how different. Due to the rarity of the 39, perhaps they were limited in how they were produced/distributed or when they were produced/distributed and also may suggest why the T211's never produced the 2nd series. Perhaps these didn't do as well or they were produced a bit later in 1910 and they decided to not proceed with the 2nd series. The T211 Series 1 - 75 subjects is what seems to help the dots connect and we also discussed some time ago the time period in which Chattanooga team joined the Southern Association. They were in the South Atlantic (Series 1 if they would have stayed in that league) League in 1909. In 1910 they take Little Rock's spot in the Southern Association and this is where I believe there seems to be some emphasis on the 2nd release b/c all 10 of the Chattanooga players were not available in the T211 75 subjects which I believe we know were produced in early 1910 and Chattanooga is the only team not featured in the T211 set. 10 of the 39 cards are Chattanooga Lookout cards. 2 players from New Orleans team (back to Ted's original point about why Russell didn't have a Joe Jackson, but had so many of the T210-8's) are not available in the T211 set as well. Maxwell & Jackson. The other 13 of 15 Pelican players can be found with more regularity, even though they are scarce, and were all available in series 1 from the T211 set. If you study the 38 players it becomes a bit more glaring, but only if you have been tracking/watching the T210-8 series set for some time. I know this so far in the weeds but it is good to have a few dinosaur's grazing!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Erloff-r.jpg (63.9 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg 8-Breitenstein (2).jpg (54.1 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg 8-Molesworth.jpg (76.1 KB, 181 views)
File Type: jpg 8-Hickman.jpg (73.8 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by DixieBaseball; 01-11-2013 at 12:08 PM.