View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Belltown Vintage

Default SOLD: 1938 Minneapolis Millers photo with Ted Williams

Price lowered to $1,350 shipped, check or money order.

One of the rarest photos is the hobby, I believe only two of these exist. The other one is framed, and based on the part of the image that shows, I don't see how it could not be trimmed. This one is here in its entirety with as much detail as you need regarding condition.

Size: about 12 x 20. There are no markings on the back. It is an original photograph, probably one of a handful given out to team members. A photo expert on Net54 was with me when we removed it from the frame to assess.

The photo is tipped into four corner holders on a mat - the photo itself is not attached to the mat. It is framed, but I think the frame is ugly and it is not proportional to the photo. If purchased, we can discuss, but it could easily be shipped tipped in the mat with another piece of mat-board for protection. I much prefer not to ship the frame and glass, as you will almost certainly replace it anyway.

It's in nice shape. There is some vertical cracking, which probably occurred while the image was stored rolled-up for a long period. There are also some bends/creases along the edges, and a small tear on the right side, as shown in the photos.

Last edited by Runscott; 11-30-2014 at 12:31 PM.