View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 04:01 PM

Default Lacrosse?

Keith, Very good elaboration on the "Princeton"....I never even thought about those nuances....I have a Princeton but it's sort of on loan at the moment...I think it has four spokes/tabs that attach to the main body...

Yeah that Schmelzer....then later a collector read the story, knew what I paid and had to have it...after turning down a couple offers I acquiesced...The buyer coaxed me by telling me as much I'd be able to brag about the profit margin...I leaned back with my feet up and hands behind my head after that one...

Bryan, I don't think I've ever met a Lacrosse collector....I have a very few lacrosse items....a few old sticks....a small early American lacrosse trophy...and a very rare lacrosse board game (top only)....I would buy something lacrosse if it were a killer display piece....like an antique statue or figural trophy...Oh yeah that's right I do have a statue of a lacrosse player missing the top of the stick.

One time I was at a book show in San Francisco...there were a lot of dealers from around the country...and I spotted a lacrosse broadside to die for....phenomanal, classic broadisde about late 19th century. I can't remember who the teams were but as I recall it was American...Dealer said he got it there at the show and didn't want to sell it. This was maybe 15 years ago and had I known what I know now...I'd have hurled money at the guy till he caved...never seen anything like it since...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 12-29-2012 at 04:30 PM.