View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default "The Catcher was a Spy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Doing a bit of research on the R316 Premium Kashin set. These are the glossy 5 x 7 premiums that correspond to the regular Kashins. Anyone have some more or want to share info? I have a Ruth in my collection, have seen another Ruth or two, as well as a Grove and maybe 1-2 others. This one has some writing on the blank back to account for it's low grade. Quite nice in their black holders. And a blurb from Wiki-

"Morris "Moe" Berg (March 2, 1902 – May 29, 1972) was an American catcher and coach in Major League Baseball who later served as a spy for the Office of Strategic Services during World War II. Although he played 15 seasons in the major leagues, almost entirely for four American League teams, Berg was never more than an average player, usually used as a backup catcher, and was better known for being "the brainiest guy in baseball"[1] than for anything he accomplished in the game. Casey Stengel once described Berg as "the strangest man ever to play baseball".[2]"
Leon, I've just started the book of Berg's life, "The Catcher Was a Spy". Review to follow.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.