View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 02:27 PM
Steve K@mmɘyɘr

VERY NICE set-ups Steven and Phil. Beautiful.

Thanks for the input everyone ..... you sure aren't making this any easier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillies*phan View Post
As far as your statement about not being able to find psa 4's goes, I would think there are probably more psa than sgc on the market. This board has a lot of sgc but but look at ebay. Just did a search for both and psa had 950 results in 4 and sgc had 112.
I believe you are 100% correct ..... but that's where my troubles really start. I have no problem buying off of ebay..... if the price is right ..... and it RARELY is.

That's one of the main reasons I am so glad I found this forum. I'll go out on a limb here and say that the majority of you are just like me ..... the hobby and the collection come first .... value is secondary.

I have been fortunate enough to pick up T206 commons from a few of you for $50-60 which is GREAT ...... I can't touch one for under $80 under normal circumstances on ebay. Ebay has more PSA's, but higher prices....... Net54 has more SGC's with lower prices ..... and because we are collectors, we choose better condition cards regardless of grade.

I am just like most of you .... I tend to stray from off center cards regardless of the grade ..... ebay is full of overpriced OC cards.

As for going raw, I won't do it for a couple different reasons. Yes I think I can spot a fake/reprint/altered/trimmed card from a few scans ..... but even the best of us can get duped. I would just feel much safer about buying cards that have already been graded. I have also thought about buying large lots of raw cards and send them off to be slabbed ..... but this seems like it will take twice as long to put together a complete set of one particular mid-grade (PSA 4 - SGC 50)

Grrrrr.... so many pros and cons to weigh.

Last edited by sdkammeyer; 12-24-2012 at 02:29 PM.