View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Steve K@mmɘyɘr

Default Should I switch from PSA to SGC for my Monster?

Stupid question ...... I know....... but let me explain myself.

I'm just starting the Monster (I've picked up 20 in the last month). When I complete the set I have plans to display it in numerous cases on the walls of my man-cave/card-room. For this reason appearance/likeness have some value to me.

For end value of the set, and to keep the set appealing to the eye, I started off by seeking only PSA 4 graded cards. I want them all the same grade and by the same grader.

PSA is really all I have ever known. I quit collecting just as PSA got into the game. It was the birth of the "graded card" when I stopped collecting...... and I just recently got back into the hobby over the past 8 months.

Personally, I like the red/white look of the PSA slabs, but the SGC slabs are MUCH easier to find around here.

I guess I'm just looking for a kick in the butt here.

I want to make this decision ASAP as I am budgeting enough cash to add 50+ cards in the month of January........... should I sell what I have and start over with SGC 50's? Or keep going as I am even though it's going to be a bit tougher/longer road to find them all in PSA 4?