View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 07:58 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Yeah, of the few returns I've gotten back, in almost every case it was shipped back way flimsier then I sent it out in, and damaged in the process.

I had one guy buy a boxing record book from me. For some reason he didn't look at the picture or read the description because he called and complained that the book was a softcover. A Hardcover of this book doesn't exist. He wanted to return it.

I sent it to him in protective packaging in a box, he sent it back to me in a paper bag. The cover on the book was completely trashed. At first I thought it got trashed in shipping, but after looking at it closer I became convinced he simply upgraded his lower condition copy with my higher condition copy and I got a piece of trash in return.

Had another guy send me a Muhammad Ali iron on back to him because it wasn't a decal. Reinforced packing on the way to him. Put in a letter envelope with a stamp and completely trashed by the time it got back to me.
I collect postcards and buy a bunch off of ebay...I'm never surprised when my $2-$3 shipping paid for a first class stamp and an envelope with no protection. I must say though that I've never gotten a damaged postcard that was sent that way so I guess I'm lucky, but I always wonder how these sellers still have 4.9-5.0 ratings for shipping and handling.