View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Jason C.

Default WTB: 1952 Ventura Braves George Owen

Hello!
I'm normally fairly quiet on these boards, but I received the following email today and wondered if anyone on Net54 would be able to help? If so, please send me a PM and I will put you in touch with Mr. Harp.

I am looking for information and a baseball card for George Owen III and/or any lead on Minor League Globe Printing Cards from the 1950s.

George played in the minors from 1950-1953.
1950 & 52 California State League (Ventura Braves) - I am looking for this card in this 1952 team set (Card #8)
1951 Quebec (Montreal, Canada)
1951 Appalachian League - Bluefield
1953 Gulf Coast League playing for Laredo, then Brownsville (not sure if it was mid-season or not?)
Big State League (time/year unknown)

Anyway as I said, I am on the look out for this card, a team photo or news clipping from any of those teams/clubs during that time period.

In the case, that you don't have any, then perhaps, you might provide a another store or perhaps another private individual, who deals directly with Vintage Minor league cards or might you post this or put it out there into the baseball universe?

These names have come up during my email/phone searches, maybe you might provide contact info for these folks?

Bill Weiss - (maybe) formerly at Globe Printing in the San Jose, California area? (might be in his 90s?) - got word that Mr. Weiss passed away, so I am wondering if you know who might have inherited/bought his collection?
Jolene Jordan - California Collector
Bill Bareuther - Collector?
Al Moore - Maryland Collector
Kraig Kahler - Illinois Collector
Doug McWilliams - California Collector
Chuck Lobenthal - Ohio Collector
Jerry Kuntz - Collector?
Alan O'Brien - Collector?

The reason being, George had his 86th B-day last month and he has been a great friend of the family since 1966.

I would like to provide him and his family (yes, and myself) with this gift.

Thanks for any help that you may be able to give.

Yours Sincerely,

William Harp

Thanks everyone!
Jason Christopherson

Last edited by jschris; 12-04-2012 at 09:45 AM.