Thread: O/T Sandy
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:57 PM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougscats View Post
I don't get much time for the internet these days, and the one time I did update on Net54, I mistakenly replied to the email notification--which went to Leon instead of the thread--so I suppose it got trashed.

My own house got clobbered--about 6" of water on the first floor, basement totaled, foundation undermined--I got a yellow [Restricted Use] sticker on the house.

I got an electrician to sign off [fortunately, my panel was above water] and got back much of my electricity the other day, and I've had cold water [can't drink it but at least can flush] for a week or so, so I've basically moved back in. It sure beats the 3-4 heavy traffic hours I was doing on the road between Jersey and Breezy everyday for a month.

Hoping to get gas back before the pipes freeze.
FEMA's Rapid Recovery, which is going to replace my boiler and hot water heater, is working on neighborhoods at a time.
I have to say that people and the government have been great. I avail myself of the Fire Department free lunch almost everyday, and am grateful to Operation Blessing in particular, which twice sent over a troop of a dozen volunteers to help me out with the basement.

I just got my last T206 for awhile from Ralph Preyer--the Southern Leaguer, Hickman--it had been floating around in the mail for over a month. That puts me at 491 or 492. I'd been aiming to get to 500 by the new year, but the Monster is going on hold for now. That'll give me something to look forward to, anyway.

I'll be back.

Doug
Thanks for the update Doug. I hope you get your gas on before the low temps. I'm also glad to hear good reports about the people and the gov. helping out. I'm sorry you (and everyone else) had to go through this, I admire your positive attitude while recovering from such a disaster. Thanks again for keeping us posted; and congrats on the Hickman !!!

Sincerely, Clayton