Thread: SCP Winnings
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
I'm not knocking for considering or discussing market value. Obviously that's a valid discussion and this is a message board. What I think is silly is the comments of "wasting" and "pissing" that go along with it. It colors the argument and also I think limits the discussion. Would someone who bid on those cards come on and discuss their position after reading that? So, you really only limit the discussion to the one side.
Jaybird.. if you think spending $31K on a commoner with a red hindu back is not pissing away money.. you don't know T206 prices at all...

its a perfectly valid statement.. as the winner of these cards (murphy, Seymour).. will never recoup the money they spent on the card...

The card is worth 3K.. maybe 4K because its a 1 of 1... as I like to consider myself an expert on t206 prices... I think I know exactly what im talking about...
$31K for a t206 red hindu in PSA 2 condition.. is a case of 2 people putting value aside... and just going for a card... if/when the card gets resold... or another is found and put up for sale... it will not hit even $5K..

Last edited by Blunder19; 12-02-2012 at 03:26 PM.