View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 11:59 PM
Joe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetwoohsix View Post
Well, I don't think there's any other way to go, if he testifies to altering it. Not that many didn't already believe this anyways; but by him not disclosing this earlier, he left a bit of doubt.

I'd love to hear the details, like who else was on the sheet, how many were on the sheet, was it a strip or a sheet, etc.

And, I know that has nothing to do with the fraud. Hopefully whoever was a victim of his fraud gets compensated somehow; restitution.

Sincerely, Clayton
I doubt there was a sheet of cards. I don't want to start a bashing thread either way. But I knew Bill and Frank Nagy in the 1970's, 1980s. They set up at the Michigan Plymouth shows together for years. They really were a team. I bought many of my Cobb and Old judge cards from their table. I had some cards that I bought thru some antique dealers and Bill pointed out that they were not real. Bill was/is an expert on vintage cards. There are lot of new collectors piling on that know much less about cards and nothing about Bill. It's unfortunate that he trimmed this card, because it would have been worth a lot of money anyway. Bill brought a lot to the hobby, sorry that he did this to the Wagner. Not sure if ther are any "Oldtimers" on the board that remember Bill as I do. I do expect a lot negative feedback from this post.

Joe

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13

Last edited by jcmtiger; 12-01-2012 at 12:03 AM.