View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 05:18 AM
Adam Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
No idea about authenticity, but I found this hilarious:
"I not saying that this is Ruth's equipment bag... This could only be his"
I laughed out loud when I read that sentence. I'm going to find an old canvas sack meant for holding corn with a label that reads "Cobb." I will then place an old, black bat inside said bag. My ebay description will read:

Recently found in my attic (I don't know how I missed for the last 12 years!) a canvas bag which says Cobb. It's long enough for a bat. Thus, it's Ty Cobb's bat bag. Inside the Cobb bag was a black bat. It's the legendary Black Betsy! I imagine that Cobb ran across Jackson in his liquor store and realized how hard up poor Joe was. He gave Joe 100.00 and being an honorable man Jackson gave Cobb his bat. It might not be factual but it is indeed true. My home was built in the late 1960's which means Cobb must have placed it in my attic in the late 1940's.

Because I have so much respect for the members of Net54, I'll accept offers prior to listing it on ebay. I'll throw in a rusty knife that I found in my backyard. It was used by Jim Bowie during D-Day.