View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 05:23 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Forgive me if you've already addressed this, but did you ask him what he thought was a reasonable price for the stub (after he "discovered the mistake")?

Could make a difference in deciding if it was really just a mistake in the description/price, or if someone else came along later and offered significantly more for it.

FWIW, I've been on both sides as a seller. Had a case where I mistakenly listed a $500 item with a $5 BIN, and realized the mistake when someone purchased it within seconds of listing it. I immediately contacted the buyer and explained the (obvious) mistake. Had it not been such a drastic difference, and on a consigned item to boot, I would have sucked it up and let him have it for the lower price. As it happened he understood though, and could see that I immediately re-listed it with the correct price, so it was obvious I wasn't just trying to squeeze a few more bucks out of him.

I have also had cases where one guy wins an auction or buys something, and someone else contacts me saying something like "I'll give you twice what you sold it to him for if you'll sell it to me instead" or something to that effect. I've never taken such an offer, but some sellers are more tempted by money than by good customer relations.