View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 10:09 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

I think you should collect the cards that you get the most enjoyment from. That is, the ones that you are most proud of and enjoy looking at the most. From the above, it looks like the Ruth's since that seems to be a constant in your collecting, and you have said that the Goudey Ruth's are among your favorites.

I started collecting a bunch of different sets also. I finished the 1933 Goudey set in low grade, but then ended up selling off the entire thing to try to complete it in medium grade. However, now I am almost finished with it, but I'm getting ready to sell it off to focus on other things, namely (like you) my Ruth collection. In the end, (at least right now), these are the cards that I like the most, and I think I want a smaller collection, rather than a larger, sprawling collection since I don't really have the space for it. I also collect all of these smaller oddball sets (e.g., W519, W590, Baguer, Schutter), but I think I will start whittling these down also. I *may* still keep one of these smaller sets to keep working on it. Sometimes, you get an "itch" to just buy some cards and to work on some set. However, with really expensive cards like Ruth's, you really need to have patience. Therefore, sometimes it's best to get this buying itch out on some cheap cards that don't burn through your pocketbook.