View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Mich@el Goldberg

Default Re: SGC Moving/Weather Closure;Server Issues

Hi everyone. After being without cable/internet/cellular service since last night and just getting it back now, I wanted to bring everyone up to speed as to our company status.

All of us at SGC want to send out our best wishes to those affected by the storm. All of our employees were affected, and many of us still are without power, phone service, gas, etc., but are relatively OK otherwise.

We were in the process of moving from Parsippany, NJ to Bound Brook NJ, and planned to have the move completed by 10/31. Unfortunately, the storm hit our area, and both towns where our offices are located had massive power outages. In addition, access to our servers has been extremely limited, which had an impact on many of the features on our website (online submissions, pop reports, registry edits, submission status). Power is being restored throughout our area, and we are hopeful that early next week we will see progress in our office locations.

Once power is fully restored, we should be up and running within a day or two. We hope to meet expected turnaround times on as many orders as possible.

All orders already received are locked up safely and securely. Any orders in transit, or on hold with the carriers (USPS, UPS, FedEx), are being held in a secure lockup as well. The people who deliver these packages to us do understand what we do for a living and convey that to their managers directly so that our packages are well cared for. If you have an order you want to send to us, you can feel safe doing so. I would recommend insurance and a tracking number, as always, and you can ship to either location as listed on our website. In the future, we will want all packages sent to the Bound Brook location.

At this time, we are extending the October specials (Next Day Spec., Wild Card Spec. and 1970-Pres. Spec.) through the end of November. We feel this works best with regard to many of the inquiries we received over the past few days. These are actually three of our most popular specials as well.

We do have a representative at the Shriner's show this weekend in Wilmington, Massachusetts accepting submissions. If you are planning to attend the show, please stop by and say hello to Bill Cengeri (Business Development) and feel free to drop off an order if you like.

I have been trying to personally respond to all messages and posts. I care about our company and our customers, and want everyone to know that all of us at SGC appreciate your patience, understanding and loyalty.

Thank you.

Michael Goldberg
SGC

Last edited by Goldberg; 11-02-2012 at 06:34 PM.