View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakhappy View Post
That's an awesome exchange between buyer and seller, but the scenario is a little different therefore calling for a different reaction IMO. In the OP situation, the seller packaged the product the way they did on purpose...which was very risky and never should happen. In your situation, it was something where the seller could fix the issue with you and could make it right. I believe the OP could contact the seller, but has no proof that the seller is going to fix the issue. Therefore I think feedback is also there to tell the truth and warn future bidders about the shipping (seller's) practices.

For some reason people are very shy about leaving feedback that reflects the way the transaction actually went. By holding the seller's hand through the feedback, you do nothing but scar the purpose for leaving feedback. There is nothing wrong with leaving honest feedback!
My point was, as others have said, no harm no foul. However, letting the seller know about a deficiency is the right thing to do. If it had been damaged by the lack of packaging, I would contact the seller and resolve the issue (or not) and leave appropriate feedback. Feedback should be based on the transaction in whole. NOT for airing gripes about 'possibilities'.
I once had a Neutral for packaging. It was a case of Topps wax boxes that was unopened, merely re-labled. No damage by the way. His reasoning was "It could have been damaged", and I should have double boxed it!