View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 11:37 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default HoF

Prewar Hall of Famers is what I like...and more.

I started by just wanting a nice card of each of the HOF players during their playing years, whose career was primarily post 1900. I finished that several years ago, started picking up a few 19th century guys (not many) and turned to multiple cards of a few favorites like Eddie Collins , Eddie Plank, Nap Lajoie, Lefty Grove and Sam Crawford.
That quickly migrated into finding small sets with high concentrations of HOF players like E95 and York Caramels. That was while finishing my T205 set and trying to complete the Topps run from 53-80.
Have a type set collection going too, but have traded/sold a few of those.
I like C46 , most caramel sets and have a few Bowman sets started. Oh and plenty of Mike Schmidt, Dan Marino and Steve Yzerman cards and my 14 sets of 1971 Topps football...
Now its even crazier...I want ALL the HOF cards from all the (reasonable) ACC sets 1904 to 1950. There are *many* exceptions that I allow myself so I can say I am on track...
(not looking for t206 Wagner, Plank, no 1 of 1's or other super rare, ain't gonna happen sets, no postcards etc.)
This collection is probably not going to ever finish, but that's ok...I've finally got a goal

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.