View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
I have my own thoughts on the pickup threads, and they probably differ from what most collectors think, but I'll suggest them anyway.

And first let me point out I no longer collect and never once have posted in them, but I do enjoy looking at these threads, hence my suggestion. I think the pickup threads really should be relegated to special acquisitions and not run of the mill ones. I love to look at rare and interesting memorabilia, but don't need to see each and every VG T206 common out there. If you're putting together a T206 set, there's no need to post all the cards you buy. Save the thread for that special pickup you know the other board members would find interesting.

Now maybe not even a single collector agrees with this, but I thought I would throw it out there anyway.
Hi Barry-

I always love reading your posts, but I have to disagree with this one. I post my common T206 pick ups mainly because I am excited about picking them up, they mean as much to me as my other (HOF'er) pick ups.

What we have here folks are a couple of people who show up in any thread that has "too much" T206 talk and voice their disdain towards this particular type of card. Maybe we should start a "whine" thread once a month, for those who like to whine about certain types of cards, and maybe we can offer them some tissue, or maybe a little cheese to go with their whine.

And, God forbid, someone congradulate another collector on a T206 pick up.....it's the begining of Armageddon.....run to your fall out shelter before we turn to dust !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clayton